Christmas Concert Poster
Please download a copy of the poster from here and post it at your place of work or businesses you frequent.
Monday, December 7
- Dress rehearsal for Tuesday night’s concert-at the Chapel on the Citadel campus.
- The Chapel is located to the right of Mark Clark Hall. Parking is available in the front of the Chapel and around the corner.
- The Board is helping load the percussion and chairs at 6:30.Please be at the Chapel by 7:30 to be ready to take everything into the Chapel, move pews and organize our concert. Many hands are needed to make this happen quickly and efficiently.
- We need to be ready to rehearse by 8 PM. Plan on a little bit longer rehearsal this night.
- Please bring your own stand and standlight(there are some dark spots at the altar.
Rehearsals are Tuesday nights in the Citadel band room from 7:15-9:15 PM. Other rehearsals, such as dress rehearsals and sectionals, may be scheduled as needed by the conductor or section leader. Active members are required to attend rehearsals on a regular basis and are required to attend dress rehearsals for major performances. Members who do not meet these requirements may be barred from the performance. Exceptions may be made by the Section Leader with the concurrence of the Conductor. All members are expected to practice as necessary to learn assigned parts.
Planning for rehearsals and scheduling for concerts is much more effective when the level of participation and instrumentation can be projected. Because of this, regular participation in weekly rehearsals is zealously encouraged. The courtesy of advanced notification to your section leader is greatly appreciated when circumstances prevent your participation in rehearsal or concert.
Call time for concerts (i.e. being there and ready to play) is usually one hour prior to the concert start time. We always appreciate members who are willing to help load the truck at The Citadel band room. This is usually half hour to one hour prior to the call time.
The equipment manager will announce when loading crews are needed and what time to meet at the band room. Volunteers for the loading crew will load equipment to the concert and return it to the band room after the concert. All members who are physically able to participate are expected to volunteer to load equipment throughout the year. Participation by all able members will ensure a fair and equitable distribution of this necessary and vital task.
Concert Dress Code
White CCB polo shirt with khaki pants, skirts or shorts
Men - black suit or tux, black bow tie, white shirt, black dress shoes
Women - black dress or black blouse with black skirt or pants, black hose, black shoes
Please bring a black music stand to all concerts, unless otherwise noted.